You are making a difference when you give to a not-for-profit organization like 3HC. Your donation helps to provide services and care to people who might not otherwise have access to them. Your donation also funds extra touches that go above & beyond for patients and families through additional family-centered programs and services. These extra touches often cost more than the reimbursement, and most times, are not reimbursable at all. Your donation makes an impact!
The Impact of Your Gift
You gift will have an immediate impact for patients, their families, and the community by supporting these programs and services:
- Bereavement Program – grief support to families, for 13 months following their loss, including care calls, home visits, loss and grief education, and support groups.
- Butterfly Wings Program – fulfillment of a final wish for 3HC hospice patients, both children and adults
- Charity Care– offsets care provided to the under or uninsured to ensure no one is turned away due to the inability to pay
- Complimentary Therapies– comfort measures that reduce anxiety for patients, when combined with quality care, including music therapy, art therapy, and pet therapy.
- Kitty Askins Hospice Center – known for its serene, comfortable, home-like atmosphere through routine maintenance, remodeling, and renovations needed to maintain its ambiance.
- Pediatric Hospice Program – carefully planned, compassionate hospice care for children (birth to teens) and perinatal services to parents of a terminal unborn child, tending to cost more than adult hospice due to its complexity, but reimbursement is the same
- Specialty Grief Programs – target specific groups and circumstances, reaching beyond losses within hospice, such as the opioid epidemic, suicide, natural disasters, etc.
- Veterans Hospice Program – recognition & appreciation efforts for veteran patients for their service & sacrifice, as well as specialized training for staff focused on the unique end of life needs of veterans & their families
- Wings Camp for Grieving Children – a weekend camp for children, ages 8-16, who have suffered the loss of a loved one
Giving… In Memory or Honor of Your Loved One
Many family and friends find memorial gifts as a meaningful way to honor the memory of someone special in their life. Families often specify memorials to 3HC, “in lieu of flowers” in funeral notices, as a way of honoring loved ones at the time of death. A gift “in honor of” gives you the opportunity to express your love and respect for a family member, friend, co-worker or other individual. Many choose memorial and honorarium contributions as a way to commemorate the birthday or anniversary of a loved one each year. A letter announcing your gift will be sent to the person honored by your contribution, or the family of the person your contribution is in memory of.
We thoughtfully offer additional ways to remember or honor your loved one through the Walk of Life or Wings of Life located at 3HC’s Kitty Askins Hospice Center.
The Walk of Life is designed to allow patients, families and friends a place to share experiences, thoughts and emotions in a tranquil environment. A stepping-stone can be dedicated to a loved one for a donation of $250. The stone will be engraved and become a fixture in the Walk of Life.
The Wings of Life hallway includes ceramic butterflies that are beautifully hand-made. A butterfly can be dedicated to a loved one for a donation of $1,000. The butterfly will be adorned with your loved one’s name and become a fixture in the Wings of Life hallway.
Giving… As An Individual
Circle of Care
The Circle of Care is a giving club whose philanthropic support helps to honor every patient’s journey through illness with compassionate, dignified, and respectful care. Members of the Circle of Care help ensure the family-centered programs at 3HC are preserved and enhanced for patients and their families, at no charge, now and in the future. Membership is bestowed upon caring individuals making an annual gift of $100 or more.
Download the enrollment form to learn more!
Giving… As A Business
3HC League of Business Partners
The 3HC League of Business Partners is a network of community-minded businesses and foundations whose philanthropic support is key to helping 3HC achieve its mission. Membership is bestowed upon leading corporate citizens making an annual gift or multi-year pledge of $3,000 or more.
Download the brochure to learn more!
Giving… Through Your Will or Estate Plan
Estate planning is a planned gift arranged or provided for during the giver’s lifetime, but it may not actually be received in its entirety until after the donor’s death. A planned gift is often made through a will, but can also be made in other ways, such as a life insurance policy or trust. Some planned gifts are structured so that the recipient receives regular contributions during the donor’s lifetime, while the donor receives charitable deductions and other tax benefits. Planned gifts may be in the form of cash, real estate, stock or other sources.
The greatest advantage of planned giving is that it provides the opportunity to make a major gift without making a comparable financial sacrifice during the donor’s lifetime.
3HC Legacy Society
The 3HC Legacy Society is a society that recognizes our loyal friends that have established a lasting legacy in support of our mission by including a provision in their will or estate.
If you have included such a provision in your will or estate plan, please let us know so we may recognize your generosity through membership in 3HC’s Legacy Society.
Download the brochure to learn more!
View current list of 3HC Legacy Society donors
Click here for more information on planned giving opportunities
3HC is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, making your gift tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
3HC’s Philanthropy department ensures the prompt receipt of your kind gift. You can rest easy by knowing your donation will be hard at work impacting your family, friends, and neighbors. Thank you!
Donations can be made online or mailed to:
c/o Philanthropy Department
2402 Wayne Memorial Drive
Goldsboro, NC 27534
To discuss donating, setting up a planned gift, or to receive more information on any of these programs, please contact:
Director of Philanthropy
(919) 735-1387, ext. 1072